Sunday, August 06, 2006

The Floyd Landis Saga - Part II

. Sunday, August 06, 2006

An excerpt from Floyd Landis on his website:

"It is widely known that the test in question, given as a urine sample after my victorious ride on stage 17 of the Tour de France, returned an abnormal T/E ratio from the “A” sample. I want to be entirely clear about one point of the test that has not been fairly reported in the press or expressed in any statements made by international or national governing bodies; the T value returned has been determined to be in the normal range. The E value returned was LOW, thus causing the skewed ratio. This evidence supports my assertion that I did not use testosterone to improve my performance. I emphatically deny any claims that I used testosterone to improve my performance.

I still believe that Landis is not guilty of these doping charges. I do not have any "evidence" to support my conclusion, but there are too many things that just don't add up. One is that most doctors agree that a dose of testosterone wouldn't have such an immediate and strong effect on a rider's performance. And most notably is the fact that his testosterone level was actually low. It's becoming hard to make sense of anything in sports these days due to the specter of doping.

0 comments: