Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Praise for fellow co-worker

. Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I am one of the lead engineers at my job. On large projects, I frequently am supported by one or two junior engineers. I recently wrote the following letter of praise to our supervisor regarding one of my co-workers.

"I wanted to take the opportunity to make you aware of the high quality of work and the progress has made since I last worked with her on a major project. I have seen noticeable improvement in her CAD and design skills during this time. She continues to ask good questions when she does not understand something; she is quick to grasp new design concepts; and she makes fewer errors than in the past. sometimes even spots design errors that I have made while assisting me with my projects. I believe her design capabilities are superior compared to my design capabilities when I was at her experience level. I am happy that is on the design team for project, and I hope to work with her again on future projects."

1 comments:

gwen said...

Cool! Love to see women working right along men. Maybe sometime you'll be working aside her instead of above her. :)

Nice to see you praising her too. Sounds sexist, but I've always preferred working for/with men. Women were SO much tougher. Maybe trying harder to prove themselves? Not sure, but just my experiences.