Friday, February 09, 2007

NO SMOKING!!!

. Friday, February 09, 2007

Several months ago, I noted that the Friendly's restaurant chain made all of their restaurants smoke-free. A couple weeks ago, Bottoms Up Pizza, probably Richmond's most famous pizza chain, made all of their restaurants smoke-free. I find that especially encouraging for a restaurant to do that in the hometown of Phillip Morris. I find it encouraging when businesses take initiatives like that without relying on the state or federal government to come down with some sort of decree. Hopefully, it won't be that much longer before Virginia passes a law similar to New York that bans smoking in restaurants. It just makes a night out that much more enjoyable.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's funny when people say that resturants are losing business because of the smoking ban. When I go out in NY I see MORE people eating out than before. Personally, I hate eating where people are allowed to smoke...it ruins the taste of the food. However, I do think that if places want to allow smoking they should be able to. I just won't go to those places. Smoking is allowed in resturants and bars in NC (and in gas stations, etc), and I refuse to eat at those places unless they have a tiny smoking section and a HUGE non-smoking section that is far away from the smoking section. Smoking sucks.