Friday, February 16, 2007

What's wrong with you, people!

. Friday, February 16, 2007

My wife has been sick all week long, so I've had to take my son to and from preschool and to elementary school today for his language services. It's been pretty cold here (for Virginia standards at least) lately with temperatures in the low 20s (I can hear all of you now calling us a bunch of pussies!). My son has a hefty winter jacket, gator, hat, and mittens when it's this cold out. Heck, he wears all that when it's 40F outside. I'm amazed at how many parents have their kids underdressed for the weather. Most don't wear a hat or mittens. Jackets (if they're wearing one) is often times not zipped. It's the same deal at the elementary school.

Another thing I noticed at the elementary school while I waited for my son was the number of kids that arrive late. They have to stop in at the front office to get a late pass. Given the fact that most parents drive their kids to school, it's not like they missed the bus or something. It's just the simple fact that the parents don't have their act together getting their kids ready in the morning. I don't think I was ever late for school. In elementary school, I walked about a 1/2 mile to school. I took the bus in junior and senior high school and never missed the bus. And my parents never had to nag me to get ready. I was responsible enough to get ready by myself and get to where I needed to be on time. I think some people are too busy.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Ummm Boo...the map is in the way and I can't read the whole thing!