Monday, July 09, 2007

New York Trip - Part 1

. Monday, July 09, 2007

Day 1

The Bunny family took a trip up to Central New York this past week to visit friends and family. We got on the road last Saturday around 7:00. We tend to take frequent breaks and stop a while for lunch when we travel long distances such as this. The weather was really nice the entire drive. We ran into numerous delays that really slowed us down. I'm sure there are shorter routes to take, but we like to go up I-95 from Richmond, head west on I-66, and then pick up I-81 at Front Royal. We hit a big delay when we reached Hagerstown, MD. I later heard from Disney Kid that there was a big tractor trailer accident that slowed them down as well. We got off the highway at the nearest exit we could find and travelled for several miles on a secondary road that parallels I81 in order to work our way around the accident. It was really slow going in Pennsylvania where there was a lot of road construction going on. I think they were actually doing bridge work. No actual construction was going on but having all the cars merging into one lane slowed us down by a good hour or more. We didn't get to Oneida until about 7:00 PM. We told my parents to eat without us so we just grabbed some Mc D's on the way. Spent the rest of the day just relaxing and spending time with my parents.

Day 2

It was good to sleep in. After grabbing some breakfast and spending a little time with my parents, we headed to Sylvan Beach to check in with my wife's parents. They have a boat in Sylvan Beach and spend a great deal of time there. Ate lunch with them and then headed back to my parent's house. Boo Jr loved to run around and play in my parents' big back yard. The weather was great and was nice and cool compared to the hot and humid Virginia weather. Later in the afternoon, we took a walk down to the elementary school so my son could play on the playground. Had some grilled chicken and corn on the cob for dinner and hung out some more the rest of the evening. The next day would be our big trip to Rochester to go to the Seneca Park zoo. I'll talk about that and post some pictures in my next post.

1 comments:

It's you know who! said...

Please tell me you went to Strong Museum!! :)