Saturday, May 03, 2008

New AC Unit

. Saturday, May 03, 2008

I got a new dual-fuel heat pump since I had an irreparable refrigerant leak in my old AC system. The crew finished installing the unit yesterday, and it was just in time. Temperatures were well into the 80s here in Richmond yesterday, and the temperature upstairs was almost 90! Supposed to be int he 80s again today. I got an 18 SEER York heat pump unit coupled with an 80% efficient furnace. I couldn't go with a higher efficiency furnace because the unit location in my house was not conducive to the special venting requirements of a high efficiency furnace. My wife has to get used to the variable speed blower. She says it sounds like a plane taking off. Not that it's loud, but you can hear the fan speed ramping up and down as it's adjusting the load in the house. The guys did a really good job fitting the unit into a very tight closet. Here are some pictures.







0 comments: