Sunday, April 23, 2006

Busy weekend

. Sunday, April 23, 2006

It was pretty cloudy, drizzly, and miserable outside on Saturday. Mrs. Bunny went to get her hair cut in the morning, while I worked on my "customer service rant". After Mrs. Bunny got back, Boo Jr and I made a stop at Lowes to buy some mulch, some gradening tools, and an aerator. There was enough of a break in the rain to plant the flowers Mrs. Bunny bought earlier today. Also got to try out the aerator. It's the "manual" kind where you step on the end and the plugs of dirt shoot out. I only got half the front yard done as it started raining again.

The weather today looked iffy to start out with but ended up turning into a nice day (although it's quickly turning cloudy as I speak). Boo Jr and I did the traditional trip to get the Sunday paper at Barnes and Noble and then on to do our grocery shopping. Unloaded the car when I got home and then it was right back outside to finish planting the flowers. Mrs. Bunny bought way too many. After finishing planting the flowers, it was on to mowing the hayfield, I mean lawn. It sure grows fast in one week's time. Got the weed wacker out for the first time this year too. Then it was back to Lowe's to buy some more potting soil and a couple terra cota pots to plant the last of the flowers. Finally, I've had a chance to sit down and relax a bit.

1 comments:

Boo said...

It's a good workout for sure. I don't think the previous owners ever aerated the lawn and this is the first time I've done it. My yard sucks!