Sunday, April 23, 2006

Floyd Landis Wins Tour de Georgia

. Sunday, April 23, 2006

Since the retirement of Lance Armstrong last year, Floyd Landis of the Phonak cycling team has become my favorite cyclist. For reasons I won't get into here, I've actually disliked Lance Armstrong the last few years. Landis has had an amazing season so far. Back in Februrary, he won the inaugural Tour of California. Later, he became only the second American to win Paris-Nice. And now he's minuted away from winning the Tour de Georgia which is the only hors categorie race in North America. After this race, I'm sure he'll lie low and focus his training on this year's Tour de France. I'll be routing for Landis on July, but my money is Ivan Basso from Italy will win this year's TDF.

3 comments:

Greeneyezz said...

Hey Boo,
not like Lance?

I'm curious.

~Z

Boo said...

I'll put that on my expanding list of "things to write about".

Greeneyezz said...

you do that.

and then Show yada your BUNS.

:)