Thursday, August 10, 2006

Cool bug

. Thursday, August 10, 2006


When I come home from work, I take my dog, Sofie, out to the front yard to pee. We have some vinca flowers out front by the sidewalk to the house. I noticed what I thought was a baby hummingbird flitting around. Upon closer inspection, I noticed it was a really cooling looking bug. I was so excited about it, I called my wife out to see it. After it flew away, we went upstairs and googled it to find out what kind of bug it is. Apparently, it's called a Hummingburd Moth.

3 comments:

gwen said...

Me either. I would've thought it was a baby hummingbird too. Neat.

Anonymous said...

I have those visit my garden too...they are very fast like a hummingbird as well.

Mohawk Chieftain said...

That... is one very pretty picture.