Monday, November 20, 2006

Busy week ahead...

. Monday, November 20, 2006

Wow! What a week I've got in store! One of my projects, a really big jail expansion project (250,000 sq ft; 48o beds), has a due date this Wednesday. It's not the REAL due date. That's at the end of December, just before Christmas. This submission is for an internal QA/QC check. Technically, we're supposed to be 100% done by then. The review takes a couple weeks and then we have a week or so to incorporate any comments. I'll have all of the important stuff done by Wednesday, but there's still more "i"s to dot and "t"s to cross that won't be done by then. I'm in good shape to meet the doo-doo date. I often call the "real" due date the "doo-doo" date, because if you're not done by then, you're in deep doo-doo. When I work OT, what I ususally do is work a normal day (8 - 5), come home, eat dinner, spend time with the family, put Boo Jr to bed, walk Sofie, and then head back into work. I usually get back to work betwen 8:30 and 9:00. I plan on going back into work tonight and again tomorrow night. Probably stay until midnight each night.

The in-laws get here on Wednesday and leave on Sunday. My father-in-law will help me with some minor remodeling around the house. One task is we're going to finally put up that crown moulding in the powder room. The main project is the renovation of the upstairs bathroom. Currently, there's some bead board on the lower half of the wall. I tore that down yesterday. As I expected, it was glued on. The underlying gyp board is now unusable so we're going to replace that section. Besides the wall board, we're also replacing the faucets and replacing the exhaust flapper on the outside of the house. The current one is broken and stuck closed. Therefore, the exhaust fan doesn't work worth shit. I hope to post some "Before - During - and After" pictures in a future post.

On Sunday, before the in-laws leave, we're going to go get out family Christmas picture taken. I hope to post some of those photos in a future post too.

1 comments:

Mohawk Chieftain said...

Why waste space and money on beds?

Just hang 'em from the walls, like they used to do....

You old softy, you!