Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Car News

. Tuesday, November 21, 2006

This past Saturday, my wife and I put a security deposit on a 2007 Volkswagen Jetta to replace her 1997 Pontiac Sunfire. We hope to pick it up this Friday as they have to drive the car up from a dealership in Myrtle Beach, SC. Even though my wife's car is running fine now, we've had to do some repair work on it recently. And given the repair of history of my old Sunfire (since replaced by my Camry), we felt it was wise to quit while we were ahead. This will also be a much safer car for my wife and Boo Jr.

We were fortunate to find a buyer right away for the Sunfire. A stylist where my wife gets her eye brows done recently wrecked her car and was interested in buying the Sunfire. They put $100 down to reserve it and will come by on Sunday to give us the rest of the payment and to take the car. I thought we did pretty good getting $2,000 for it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice car....congrats. Ummm....your wife gets her eyebrows done? I don't think I've ever known anyone who did that! I can't imagine doing that. What does that involve? As you know, I'm not into that girly stuff....I've always been a tomboy. I have my hair cut at Great Clips for 12.00 and that's about it! I had my nails done 3 times because people wanted me to join them. It was nice, but nothing I'd do that often. Geeez. I don't even wear white shirts because I know I'll spill something on it! LOL!

gwen said...

Nice looking car! And yes, you did good getting 2000. for your old one. :)

Mohawk Chieftain said...

Sounds like a good deal on the sale of the old car. But, your wife may want to get her brows done elsewhere... once that old car starts costing the new owner any money for repairs.